Socialize your puppy to our skilled Canine Staff, wheelchairs & walkers, pup-height agility and teach your pup the basics under the guidance of our experienced Certified Dog Trainer.
Puppy training lessons at our convenient, Vienna Virginia home office can be used towards the AKC Puppy STAR, and are ideal to prepare pups for therapy work, AKC CGC, competition or other advanced training.
You and Your Puppy Learn Together!
I demonstrate dog training techniques directly with your puppy. Puppies learn fast, and your puppy learns many basic obedience skills during our lessons. You develop valuable skills when you practice between lessons and expand your pup’s training!
Because you and your puppy learn and practice together, you know your puppy will perform for you, not just for me.
Customized Socialization for Your Pup’s Needs.
Puppies are impressionable, they can learn good manners, rude behavior or fear from their early experiences with other dogs.
Our puppy students socialize with our Canine Academic Staff. Pups practice appropriate behavior around other dogs right from the start.
“Veronica is truly wonderful! She has such a calm, warm personality which is greatly appreciated by both her human and animal clients! She was immensely helpful in socializing our rescue Hound-mix puppy, Sage. Through reward-based training methods, Veronica is able to use her background in psychology and vast knowledge of animal behavior and training to develop a plan to tackle a variety of difficult situations. She has been such a valuable and comforting support for our family, and we don’t know where we would be without her!”
Dr. Katie Parker DVM and Sage
Advantages of Our Private Puppy Training Lessons
- Your time is valuable – lessons focus on what you and your pup need
- Gentle methods, no controversial training tools like e-collars (electronic/shock collars)
- Socialization with well-mannered dogs, good canine role models
- Answers to questions on crate training, house training, mouthing, jumping and more
- Vienna home office is close to Oakton, Falls Church, McLean, Fairfax, Reston and convenient to much of the DC area
- Follow up training to work towards advanced goals available – you wouldn’t “drop out” after kindergarten, and neither should your puppy!
It is not too soon to start!
Many of our clients start with pups that are as young as 8 weeks old. We follow vaccination guidelines from the American Veterinary Society for Animal Behavior.